2016 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD Luxury Pickup Truck
Take one look inside the 2016 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD and you’ll see clearly why this is the standard in truck interiors. Sierra’s interior brings comfort, refinement and convenience to a whole new level.
Nearly two-thirds of the Sierra cab structure is made from high-strength steels. It’s a fortress of strength that contributes to the Sierra’s quiet cabin. We also use high-strength steel in our fully-boxed frame rails and major frame cross-members. The 2016 Sierra 2500 Denali HD is clearly a respected leader in the truck market — by example.
The 2016 Sierra 2500 Denali HD sets a higher standard with purposeful technology coupling technological precision with heavy-duty power and the added polish of Denali style.
We built the Sierra 2500 Denali HD to deliver everything you expect from a heavy-duty truck — and then we exceeded those expectations with the most powerful Sierra ever.
The advanced DuramaxTM diesel in the Sierra 2500 Denali HD delivers 397 hp and 765 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful Sierra ever. The DuramaxTM diesel engine has a strong reputation and a proven track record with over 1 million sold since 2000.10
For fast starts in cold weather, quiet operation and maximum efficiency, the Direct Injection system helps Sierra 2500 HD Denali with the available DuramaxTM Diesel engine start in as little as 3 seconds at -40ºC and operates at nearly 206,843 kPa (30,000 psi) to turn heavy diesel fuel into a fine mist, delivering low emissions and great power.
This ferritic nitro-carburizing technology is a GM-exclusive patented process that hardens and strengthens brakes. Duralife protects against corrosion and can help double the life of the brakes.
No other competitor in its class11 offers a standard fully automatic locking rear differential for on- or off-road use.
From strong, steady power to bold acceleration on the highway, the 6.0L V8 with Variable Valve Timing (VVT) is up to any task by:
Sierra 2500 Denali HD delivers a smooth ride with a fully independent front suspension with torsion bars, twin-tube shock absorbers and 76.2 mm (3'') wide multistage rear leaf springs, which engage progressively as the load in the bed or on the hitch increases.
Stay confidently in command of your truck and whatever you may be hauling or trailering.
The enhanced Allison 1000 is designed to handle the higher torque capability of the DuramaxTM 6.6L V8 Turbo Diesel engine while also helping improve fuel efficiency and provide seamless assistance with the exhaust brake system.
We engineered the new 2016 Sierra 2500 Denali HD to exceed your performance expectations, pushing it to the limit to deliver the kind of capability you demand.
To let you engage an extra measure of braking confidence on long grades, or in Tow/Haul mode, Sierra 2500 Denali HD utilizes various technologies to ensure that you stay at the desired speeds:
Sierra 2500 Denali HD puts trailer safety and control at your fingertips.
The 2016 Sierra 2500 Denali HD’s state-of-the-art safety and driver alert technologies provide peace of mind and help prepare you for the unexpected. Please note that safety features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for more important safety information.
Sierra 2500 Denali HD’s advanced technologies pair intelligent engineering with driver-centric safety, using cameras or ultrasonic sensors to watch where you might not be looking. Sierra is the first pickup to offer this technology, which lets you know when you are approaching another vehicle too quickly or when you’ve left your driving lane. Available technologies include:
Standard on every 2016 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali, GMC Pro Grade Protection has you truly protected with features and services including:
• 2-year/48,000 km Lube-Oil-Filter Maintenance15
• 3-year/60,000 km New-Vehicle Limited Warranty16
• 5-year/160,000 km Powertrain Limited Warranty16
• 5-Year/160,000 km Roadside Assistance & Courtesy Transportation16
^Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction. Includes GM Card Application Bonus on select vehicles (details).
†Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, does not include $1,695 freight but does include $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims. On the Compare Vehicles and Locate a Vehicle shopping tools, Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price includes $1,695 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
±Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, includes $1,695 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. License, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
* [MRM will populate MSRP]
1. Premium colour available at an additional cost.
2. Before you buy a vehicle or use it for trailering, carefully review the trailering section of the Owner’s Manual. The weight of passengers, cargo and options or accessories may reduce the amount you can tow.
3. Not compatible with all devices.
4. The vehicle must be on or Retained Accessory Power must be active. Remove all objects from the charging pad. Place the compatible mobile device face up on the charging symbol on the charging pad. Move the device slowly until the battery charging symbol displays on the touch-screen, indicating the device is charging. See your Infotainment System Owner’s Manual.
5. At time of posting, detailed map coverage is available for most major urban areas of the United States and for certain metropolitan areas of Canada (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Windsor, London, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City and Halifax). Coverage is significantly limited outside these areas.
6. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices. Visit intellilink.gmc.gm.ca for more details.
7. Visit onstar.ca for coverage maps, details and system limitations. Services vary by model, conditions and geographical and technical restrictions. OnStar with 4G LTE connectivity is available on select vehicle models and in select markets. Available Wi-Fi hotspot requires a data plan. Customers will be able to access OnStar services only if they accept the OnStar User Terms, Privacy Statement and Software Terms. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Not all vehicles may transmit all crash data. After the trial period (if applicable), an active OnStar service plan is required.
8. Devices must be WPA2-compliant. Wi-Fi devices manufactured prior to 2006 may not be compatible. Please consult your device manufacturer for information regarding the WPA2 security protocol and Wi-Fi device compatibility. Vehicle must be started or in accessory mode to access Wi-Fi. Visit onstar.ca for system details and limitations.
9. Vehicle user interface is a product of Apple,® and Apple’s® terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible smartphone. Data plan rates apply.
10. GM reported U.S. full-size pickup and van fleet and retail vehicle deliveries, Vehicle Model Year 2000-2014 through August 2013.
11. Comparison based on wardsauto.com 2015 Large Pickup segment and latest competitive information available at time of posting. Excludes other GM vehicles.
12. For comparison purposes only. See the Owner’s Manual and the label on the vehicle doorjamb for the carrying capacity of a specific vehicle.
13. The OnStar Basic Plan is available for 5 years from the date of delivery of eligible new 2015 model year and newer vehicles and is transferable to subsequent owners for the remaining term. The Basic Plan includes access to: (1) monthly OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics e-mails (capabilities vary by model); (2) Dealer Maintenance Notification; and (3) limited OnStar RemoteLink® Mobile App services, which include remote start (requires factory-installed and enabled remote start system), remote lock/unlock doors (requires automatic locks) and remote horn & lights activation. The OnStar RemoteLink® Mobile App is available on select Apple,® Android,™ BlackBerry® and Windows® devices. Visit onstar.ca for vehicle availability, coverage map, details and system limitations. The OnStar Basic Plan does not include any Emergency Services, Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, live Advisor service or Hands-Free Calling. These and other services are available under a paid plan. If you sell your vehicle or wish to cancel use of Basic Plan services, you must contact OnStar at 1-888-4-ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827).
14. Access is available for 5 years from the eligible new-vehicle delivery date and is transferable. Does not include any Emergency Services or any other OnStar services. Terms and conditions apply. To cancel OnStar RemoteLink® Key Fob Services (or OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics for eligible vehicles) or if your vehicle is sold, you must contact OnStar at 1-888-4-ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827). Subsequent owners will be able to activate the remaining term. Please visit onstar.ca/mobile for vehicle availability, system limitations and further details.
15. The 2-Year Scheduled LOF Maintenance Program provides eligible customers in Canada who have purchased, leased or financed a new eligible 2016 MY Chevrolet, Buick or GMC vehicle (excluding Spark EV) with an ACDelco oil and filter change, in accordance with the Oil Life Monitoring System and the Owner’s Manual, for 2 years or 48,000 km, whichever occurs first, with a limit of four lube-oil-filter services in total, performed at participating GM dealers. Fluid top-offs, DEF on HD diesel models, inspections, tire rotations, wheel alignments and balancing, etc., are not covered. This offer may not be redeemed for cash and may not be combined with certain other consumer incentives available on GM vehicles. General Motors of Canada Limited reserves the right to amend or terminate this offer, in whole or in part, at any time without prior notice. Additional conditions and limitations apply. See dealer for details.
16. Whichever comes first. Conditions and limitations apply; see your dealer for details.