SPORT UTILITY VEHICLE
Design cues that favour the athletic, forward-leaning look of Terrain have been enhanced with a new power dome hood and accentuated front and rear fascia. Not only does the new 2016 Terrain command much deserved attention, design follows function to offer a stance that gives command of the road.
Terrain stays true to form with tough yet tailored lines carried through the enhanced exterior. Features include:
Every Terrain model includes standard aluminum wheels for reduced weight and improved ride quality.
Take advantage of its 1809 litres (69.3 cu. ft.) of max cargo space3 with Terrain’s available programmable power liftgate.
Inside the 2016 Terrain, luxury spares no detail. Every inch of the expansive cabin is put to use. Maximal functionality is complemented by the richness of premium materials. Specifics like our stitches-per-inch seam allowance challenge the industry standard to offer an upholstered finish that holds up to our expectation. It’s not a detail everyone will notice—it’s the kind of attention to craft we pride ourselves on.
The easy-to-use Multi-Flex rear-seat system maximizes both comfort and utility inside Terrain. Key attributes include:
Terrain’s cabin is as inviting and comfortable as it is capable. Standard features include:
Acoustics isn’t just about what you hear. In this crossover, it’s also about what you don’t. These features all aid in Terrain’s remarkably quiet ride.
Stay connected to your world wide web. Terrain’s advanced technology keeps you connected, entertained and informed while you continue to explore all the world has to offer.
OnStar with 4G LTE Wi-Fi®5 turns your Terrain into the hottest Wi-Fi hotspot on the road. This technology includes:
Colour Touch Radio with available IntelliLink7 features a reconfigurable home screen, voice activated control, USB4 port and Bluetooth®.4 IntelliLink technology has features that keep you connected wherever you travel, including:
Know the way there and back by mapping your route with Terrain’s available Colour Touch Navigation System.9 It includes:
Terrain will be your search engine for whatever road lies ahead. This crossover uses technologies that give you power when you need it and the control you need in varying road conditions—all while offering impressive fuel efficiency.
With six forward gears to choose from, Terrain’s smooth-shifting computer-controlled transmission delivers brisk acceleration at low and medium speeds and outstanding fuel efficiency on the highway.
StabiliTrak with traction control technology helps the driver stay on course, even during sudden manoeuvres, by intelligently managing braking and throttle to help keep the vehicle on the path being steered.
For a higher level of confidence when traction is in short supply, Terrain offers available on-demand All-Wheel Drive that constantly monitors for wheel spin and automatically transfers power to the wheels with the best grip.
Terrain is engineered with four-wheel independent suspension that offers a steady, smooth ride and a precise feel for the road.
The available trailering package offers up to 1588 kg (3500 lb.)11 of trailering capacity on V6 models.
This system commands the transmission to remain in a lower gear to assist in deceleration on a downgrade, with or without a trailer attached.
As soon as you lift your foot off the brake while the vehicle is on a hill, this system holds brake pressure momentarily to give you time to press the accelerator.
At the heart of Terrain’s performance and power is the 3.6L V6 engine, delivering 301 horsepower at 6500 rpm to truly get you moving. The available 3.6L powertrain (FWD) offers an estimated fuel consumption rating of 9.5 L/100 km highway2 and comes with integrated dual exhaust tips for improved airflow.
The 2.4L I-4 VVT engine with Direct Injection (FWD) offers an estimated fuel consumption rating of 7.3 L/100 km highway,12 offering the kind of fuel economy and power that lives up to the GMC standard.
At every trim level, the GMC Terrain offers features to meet your needs. Explore your available options and build a Terrain that’s all your own.
Includes all standard equipment, plus these premium features:
SLT builds on the SLE-2 trim with these exceptional features:
Enhance Terrain with added capability and a distinctive look. Choose from packages that allow you to personalize your Terrain and elevate your driving experience.
With a striking finish and extra capabilities, the Premium Edition enhances Terrain’s bold exterior with lustrous accents and details. You can upgrade to 19" chrome-clad aluminum wheels when you choose the 3.6L V6 engine.
Available on SLT
Available on SLE-2 and SLT
Available on SLE-2 and SLT
At GMC, we know there’s nothing more important than safety. We’re constantly producing new technologies and innovations to make our vehicles safer to operate and better able to take on the unexpected. Safety features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for more important safety information.
In the event of a serious collision, Terrain is equipped to protect you and your passengers with six airbags,13 including front side-impact and front/rear head curtain side-impact airbags.
Available camera-based technology audibly issues alerts if you wander outside your lane without using a turn signal.
This available system senses objects behind you when driving in reverse and detects smaller objects up to 2.4 m (8') away.
This available state-of-the-art hazard alert technology provides audible and visual alerts if you are approaching another vehicle and it appears that a collision may be imminent.
The 2016 Terrain offers the extraordinary safety, security and convenience of OnStar with 4G LTE.5 In addition to new 4G LTE Wi-Fi performance, trusted OnStar Guidance Plan services include Automatic Crash Response, Turn-by-Turn Navigation, Roadside Assistance and more with a 6-month trial subscription. The OnStar RemoteLink® App15 includes Key Fob Services16 for 5 years, even if your OnStar subscription lapses.
Standard on every 2016 GMC Terrain, GMC Pro Grade Protection has you truly protected with features and services including:
^Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction. Includes GM Card Application Bonus on select vehicles (details).
†Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, does not include $1,700 freight but does include $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims. On the Compare Vehicles and Locate a Vehicle shopping tools, Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price includes $1,700 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
±Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, includes $1,700 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. License, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
*The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, licence, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details. Click here to see all GMC destination freight charges.
* Available at extra cost
2. 2.4L engine (FWD) fuel-consumption ratings based on GM testing in accordance with Government of Canada approved test methods. Refer to vehicles.nrcan.gc.ca for details. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.
3. Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution.
4. Not compatible with all devices.
5. Visit onstar.ca for coverage maps, details and system limitations. Services vary by model, conditions and geographical and technical restrictions. OnStar with 4G LTE connectivity is available on select vehicle models and in select markets. Available Wi-Fi hotspot requires a data plan. Customers will be able to access OnStar services only if they accept the OnStar User Terms, Privacy Statement and Software Terms. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Not all vehicles may transmit all crash data. After the trial period (if applicable), an active OnStar service plan is required.
6. Devices must be WPA2-compliant. Wi-Fi devices manufactured prior to 2006 may not be compatible. Please consult your device manufacturer for information regarding the WPA2 security protocol and Wi-Fi device compatibility. Vehicle must be started or in accessory mode to access Wi-Fi. Visit onstar.ca for system details and limitations.
7. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices. Visit intellilink.gmc.gm.ca for more details.
8. Data plan rates apply.
9. At time of posting, detailed map coverage is available for most major urban areas of the United States and for certain metropolitan areas of Canada (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Windsor, London, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City and Halifax). Coverage is significantly limited outside these areas.
10. Available in 10 Canadian provinces and the 48 contiguous United States. Subscription sold separately after trial period. If you decide to continue your service at the end of your trial subscription, the plan you choose will automatically renew and bill at then-current rates until you call 1-877-209-0079 to cancel. Other fees and taxes will apply. All fees and programming subject to change. See SiriusXMTM “Terms & Conditions” and complete details at siriusxm.ca.
11. Before you buy a vehicle or use it for trailering, carefully review the trailering section of the Owner’s Manual. The weight of passengers, cargo and options or accessories may reduce the amount you can tow.
12. Fuel-consumption ratings based on GM testing in accordance with Government of Canada approved test methods. Refer to vehicles.nrcan.gc.ca for details. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.
13. Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner’s Manual for more safety information. Airbag inflation can cause severe injury or death to anyone too close to the airbag when it deploys. Be sure every occupant is properly restrained.
14. Before making a lane change, always check the Side Blind Zone Alert display, check the exterior and interior rear-view mirrors, look over your shoulder for vehicles and hazards and start the turn signal.
15. Available on select Apple®, Android™, BlackBerry® and Windows® devices. Services vary by device, vehicle and conditions. Requires active OnStar service plan. Services vary by device, vehicle, conditions, and type of service plan you have. Please visit onstar.ca/mobile for vehicle availability, system limitations and further details.
16. Access is available for 5 years from the eligible new vehicle delivery date and is transferable. Does not include any Emergency Services or any other OnStar services. Terms and conditions apply. To cancel OnStar RemoteLink® Key Fob Services (or OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics for eligible vehicles) or if your vehicle is sold, you must contact OnStar at 1-888-4-ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827). Subsequent owners will be able to activate the remaining term. Please visit onstar.ca/mobile for vehicle availability, system limitations and further details.
17. The 2-Year Scheduled LOF Maintenance Program provides eligible customers in Canada who have purchased, leased or financed a new eligible 2016 MY Chevrolet, Buick or GMC vehicle (excluding Spark EV) with an ACDelco oil and filter change, in accordance with the Oil Life Monitoring System and the Owner’s Manual, for 2 years or 48,000 km, whichever occurs first, with a limit of four lube-oil-filter services in total, performed at participating GM dealers. Fluid top-offs, inspections, tire rotations, wheel alignments and balancing, etc., are not covered. This offer may not be redeemed for cash and may not be combined with certain other consumer incentives available on GM vehicles. General Motors of Canada Limited reserves the right to amend or terminate this offer, in whole or in part, at any time without prior notice.
Additional conditions and limitations apply. See dealer for details.
18. Whichever comes first. Conditions and limitations apply. See dealer for details.