2016 CANYON MID-SIZE PICKUP
Precision matters in every pound foot of torque, every inch of fit and finish and every decibel of quiet. It’s that kind of attention that sets Canyon apart. For 2016, the Canyon sets another bar with the all-new available Duramax® 2.8L Turbo Diesel powering incredible efficiency and torque in a highly manoeuvrable truck that’s refined with a quiet, comfortable, tech-enabled cabin. The 2016 Canyon is everything you want in a smart-sized truck.
Other features include:
Though built for the roughest roads, inside Canyon, you'll never feel it. The Canyon’s cabin is precisely crafted, exceptionally quiet and comfortable, and designed to the highest standards — yours. Whether Extended Cab or Crew Cab, one look inside and it’s clear why this truck is redefining and refining the midsize pickup.
Right out of the gate, Canyon takes on the competition with the largest cargo box by volume in its class.5 From the precision cast foundation to innovative thinking like the CornerStep rear bumper, Canyon is designed for forging ahead.
The 2016 Canyon offers an engine lineup that delivers power and efficiency — because you shouldn’t have to compromise.
DRIVER CONTROL TECHNOLOGY
Stay confidently in command of your Canyon and whatever you may be hauling or trailering with these intelligent control features:
We pushed our engineering further so you can pull more. Delivering enviable trailering and payload, the available 3.6L V6 defies its size by being strong enough to pull up to 3175 kg (7000 lb.)7 when equipped with the Trailering Package. The powerfully efficient 2.5L I-4 engine reliably trailers up to 1588 kg (3500 lb.)7 with the bumper-mounted ball hitch. The powerhouse 2.8L Diesel is expected to tow up to 3493 kg (7700 lb.).7
On or off the beaten path, The 2016 Canyon offers technology to keep you fully connected while you go exploring everything the world has to offer.
At every trim level, the GMC Canyon offers features to meet your needs. Explore your available options, and build a Canyon that’s all your own.
Whether you want additional capability or a distinctive look, the 2016 Canyon delivers. Choose from the Nightfall Edition, with a sleek monochromatic exterior and remote vehicle starter system, or the All-Terrain Package with off-road suspension and Hill Descent Control. Whatever you’re looking for, the Canyon elevates your driving experience.
The GMC Canyon is the first in its class5 to offer Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning. Along with these technologies, the Canyon’s proven, innovative safety features help keep you safe from the unexpected. Safety features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for more important safety information.
Standard on every 2016 GMC Canyon, GMC Pro Grade Protection has you truly protected with features and services including:
▪ 2-year/48,000 km Lube-Oil-Filter Maintenance16
▪ 3-year/60,000 km New-Vehicle Limited Warranty17
▪ 5-year/160,000 km Powertrain Limited Warranty17
▪ 5-Year/160,000 km Roadside Assistance & Courtesy Transportation17
^Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction. Includes GM Card Application Bonus on select vehicles (details).
†Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, does not include $1,695 freight but does include $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims. On the Compare Vehicles and Locate a Vehicle shopping tools, Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price includes $1,695 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
±Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, includes $1,695 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. License, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
≠Fuel consumption ratings based on GM testing in accordance with approved Transport Canada test methods. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.
♢. Available at extra cost.
2. 2.5L engine with 6-speed automatic (4x2) fuel-consumption ratings based on GM testing in accordance with Government of Canada approved test methods. Refer to vehicles.nrcan.gc.ca for details. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.
3. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices. Visit intellilink.gmc.gm.ca for more details.
4. Not compatible with all devices.
5. Comparison based on wardsauto.com 2015 Small Pickup segment and latest competitive information available. Excludes other GM vehicles.
6. Fuel-consumption ratings based on GM testing in accordance with Government of Canada approved test methods. Refer to vehicles.nrcan.gc.ca for details. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.
7. Before you buy a vehicle or use it for trailering, carefully review the trailering section of the Owner’s Manual. The weight of passengers, cargo and options or accessories may reduce the amount you can tow.
8. These maximum payload ratings are intended for comparison purposes only. Before you buy a vehicle or use it to haul people or cargo, carefully review the vehicle loading section of the Owner’s Manual and check the carrying capacity of your specific vehicle on the label on the inside of the driver’s door jamb.
9. Visit onstar.ca for coverage maps, details and system limitations. Services vary by model, conditions and geographical and technical restrictions. OnStar with 4G LTE connectivity is available on select vehicle models and in select markets. Available Wi-Fi hotspot requires a data plan. Customers will be able to access OnStar services only if they accept the OnStar User Terms, Privacy Statement and Software Terms. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Not all vehicles may transmit all crash data. After the trial period (if applicable), an active OnStar service plan is required.
10. Devices must be WPA2-compliant. Wi-Fi devices manufactured prior to 2006 may not be compatible. Please consult your device manufacturer for information regarding the WPA2 security protocol and Wi-Fi device compatibility. Vehicle must be started or in accessory mode to access Wi-Fi. Visit onstar.ca for system details and limitations.
11. Data plan rates apply.
12. Vehicle user interface is a product of Apple, and Apple’s terms and privacy statements apply. Require compatible smartphone. Data plan rates apply.
13. At time of posting, detailed map coverage is available for most major urban areas of the United States and for certain metropolitan areas of Canada (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Windsor, London, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City and Halifax). Coverage is significantly limited outside these areas.
14. Available in 10 Canadian provinces and the 48 contiguous United States. Subscription sold separately after trial period. If you decide to continue your service at the end of your trial subscription, the plan you choose will automatically renew and bill at then-current rates until you call 1-877-209-0079 to cancel. Other fees and taxes will apply. All fees and programming subject to change. See SiriusXM “Terms & Conditions” and complete details at siriusxm.ca.
15. The OnStar Basic Plan is available for 5 years from the date of delivery of the eligible new 2016 model year and newer vehicles and is transferable to subsequent owners for the remaining term. The Basic Plan includes access to: (1) monthly OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics e-mails (capabilities vary by model); (2) Dealer Maintenance Notification; and (3) limited OnStar RemoteLink Mobile App services, which include remote start (requires factory-installed and -enabled remote start system), remote lock/unlock doors (requires automatic locks) and remote horn and lights activation. The OnStar RemoteLink Mobile App is available on select Apple®, Android,™ BlackBerry® and Windows® devices. Visit onstar.ca for vehicle availability, coverage map, details and system limitations. The OnStar Basic Plan does not include any Emergency Services, Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, live Advisor service or Hands-Free Calling. These and other services are available under a paid plan. If you sell your vehicle or wish to cancel use of Basic Plan services, you must contact OnStar at 1-888-4-ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827).
16. The 2-Year Scheduled LOF Maintenance Program provides eligible customers in Canada who have purchased, leased or financed a new eligible 2015 MY Chevrolet, Buick or GMC vehicle (excluding Spark EV) with an ACDelco oil and filter change, in accordance with the Oil Life Monitoring System and the Owner’s Manual, for 2 years or 48,000 km, whichever occurs first, with a limit of four lube-oil-filter services in total, performed at participating GM dealers. Fluid top-offs, inspections, tire rotations, wheel alignments and balancing, etc., are not covered. This offer may not be redeemed for cash and may not be combined with certain other consumer incentives available on GM vehicles. General Motors of Canada Limited reserves the right to amend or terminate this offer, in whole or in part, at any time without prior notice. Additional conditions and limitations apply. See dealer for details.
17. Whichever comes first. Conditions and limitations apply, see dealer for complete details.