HOW TO USE HD SURROUND VISION RECORDER
Difficulty Level: Intermediate | Time Required: 10 minutes
If your vehicle has an available Surround Vision Recorder†, you can record, view and save videos that your vehicle captures using the Surround Vision cameras.
HOW TO RECORD VIDEO
Remember that you should only use the Surround Vision Recorder in compliance with applicable state and local laws.
To record, view and save videos:
- When your vehicle is ON and shifted to PARK, you can launch the Surround Vision Recorder app by pressing the VIDEO RECORDER icon on the infotainment screen.
- You can enable or disable recording by pressing the recording button that looks like a circle inside a square, as well as view and save videos.
- The system stores video on an SD card in the vehicle in a running series of files (see your Owner’s Manual for the card reader location; SD card not provided)
- If you want to download recorded videos to your computer, you can remove your vehicle’s SD card and insert it into your computer’s SD card reader.
The system can also record while in Security Mode if the vehicle’s security system detects certain movements or incidents.
- If recording is enabled, when your vehicle is not ON and an external input “wakes up” the vehicle, the system provides Security Mode recording.
- Inputs may include, but are not limited to, a key fob remote start, panic button press or, if equipped, inputs from the available Glass Breakage Sensors, Interior Movement Sensor or Inclination Sensor.
RECORDING WHILE DRIVING
You can also record while driving:
- If this recording is enabled, the system provides Normal Mode recording when your vehicle is ON.
RELATED LINKS AND RESOURCES
No. The system does not record audio.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.