CUSTOMIZING YOUR ON-SCREEN AUXILIARY SWITCHES
Difficulty Level: Novice | Time Required: 5 minutes | Tools Required: None | Related Parts, Products, Service or Techology: None
There are six on-screen auxiliary buttons in the Off-Road App on your 2023 GMC HUMMER EV Pickup’s infotainment system.† These buttons let you quickly activate certain aftermarket and upfit accessory† controls installed on your vehicle. You can create custom labels and choose icons for the switches.
CUSTOMIZING THE AUXILIARY SWITCHES
To customize an auxiliary switch:
- While the vehicle is in PARK, tap the Off-Road App icon on the infotainment display.
- Open the AUX controls from within the app.
- Tap the pencil icon in the lower left corner of the display to enter Edit Mode.
- Tap the switch you want to customize.
- From here, you can type in a new label for the switch by tapping on the name field. To save your update, close the keyboard.
- To change the icon, tap a new one from the list.
- You can customize additional functionality using the checkbox-style options on the screen. Additional options include:
a. Turn on only while button is held down: When you select this option, the switch will only operate while your finger holds the virtual button down. This may be useful for accessories that only need to be turned on for short periods of time.
b. Turn on parking lights while switch is on: Selecting this option will allow your parking lights to automatically turn on while the switch is in use. This may be useful for a light bar, because it will help ensure your vehicle remains visible while driving in low light conditions with the headlights off.
- To save your customizations, tap the Back button.
Note: The on-screen auxiliary switches require the accessory touch-screen control switches (available for purchase).
DISPLAYING YOUR AUXILIARY SWITCHES
There are a few ways to display your auxiliary switches on the screen. Choose from:
- AUX Control Panel: Select the AUX button in the Off-Road App. The AUX Control Panel will show the switches in their largest possible size, which may be ideal when you need quick access to your AUX switches, especially while driving on rough terrain that makes it difficult for your fingers to accurately tap small buttons.
- Pro View: Select the “H” icon in the Off-Road App. Pro View takes over the entire display, showing three widgets and AUX switches at the same time. This is a great feature if you need your widgets and AUX switches at the same time, in case you need to activate/deactivate an upfit accessory fast (e.g., if you need to quickly manage the light bar for oncoming trail traffic).
- Card View (right side): Swipe down on the right side of the screen to bring the Off-Road content into view (you may need to expand Card View if the view is collapsed). From there, select “AUX” to keep one-touch access to your switches next to other infotainment features, such as navigation† and audio.
No. The virtual Aux buttons are programmed directly to the physical electrical port, which accessories are connected to. If you want to relocate an accessory from AUX 5 to AUX 2, for example, you would need to change how your accessory is wired.
To find out if your vehicle has this feature, contact your dealer or refer to your vehicle’s equipment list. Please check your Owner’s Manual for more information about features.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.