HOW TO USE ETRUNK
Difficulty Level: Novice | Time Required: Two minutes | Tools Required: None | Related Parts, Products, Service or Techology: Modular Sky Panels, Accessory GMC HUMMER EV Sky Panel Storage Set for eTrunk™
The eTrunk™ is a storage compartment that is accessible under the power hood. It can hold groceries, gear and more, including the Modular Sky Panels of the Infinity Roof, standard on the 2022 GMC HUMMER EV Pickup Edition 1 (initial availability Fall 2021). In addition to providing storage, the eTrunk™ includes a 12-volt auxiliary power outlet to power your life, from worksite to campsite†.
USE THE POWER HOOD TO ACCESS ETRUNK™
First, be sure the path of the power hood is clear of people, snow and other obstructions. To operate the power hood, the vehicle must be in PARK with the doors unlocked, or the remote key must be in range of the vehicle.
There are three ways to open and close the power hood:
- From inside the vehicle: Locate the eTrunk™ symbol on the instrument panel to the left of the steering wheel. To open the power hood, press once. To close it, press and hold.
- From outside the vehicle: Locate the touch pad in the center of the front fascia. Press once to open or close the power hood when the remote key is within 1 metre (3 feet).
- Key fob: You can also use the remote key to open or close the power hood. To open, press the eTrunk™ symbol twice and hold for at least one second. To close, press the eTrunk™ symbol twice, and hold until the hood closes.
CUSTOMIZE POWER HOOD OPEN SETTINGS
How wide your power hood opens is also customizable. Choose from these settings:
- Allows your hood to open to its full, open position
- Use caution in this mode to avoid hitting overhead obstructions
- Lets you adjust the hood open angle to a location that’s between the preset height from the factory and full open
- To set: Move the hood to your desired position, and then press and hold the exterior switch on the front fascia touch pad until the exterior lights flash and a chime sounds
NOTE: The vehicle will be sent from the factory in the “Custom” setting that is at a preset height. The hood cannot be set below this preset minimum. If no lights or sound occur, your height selection may be too low.
- OFF/MANUAL OPERATION
- Lets you physically lift the hood to your desired height
- To open, press and release the touch pad on the front fascia, then lift the hood
- To close, pull the hood down until it is secured in the latch
OPERATE THE EMERGENCY HOOD RELEASE BUTTON INSIDE ETRUNK™
Inside your eTrunk™ is an emergency hood release button. The button will glow following exposure to light. Press the button to open the hood from inside the eTrunk™. If the vehicle is in motion when the button is pressed, the vehicle will slow to about 42 km/hr to partially open; and only fully open when the vehicle is stopped or moving at less than 3 km/hr. The emergency hood release button will not function when the battery is disconnected or depleted.
IMPORTANT: To avoid personal injury or death, always keep the hood fully closed and latched when storing the vehicle. People, including children, should never climb inside the eTrunk™.
Yes, with the exception of off-roading. For off-road protection, please see your dealer about the available Accessory GMC HUMMER EV Sky Panel Storage Set for eTrunk™.
Yes. For service and/or emergency use, you can manually unlatch the power hood by pulling the hood release cable on the lower left side of the instrument panel. Refer to your Owner’s Manual for these instructions.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.