ENGINEERED TO DOMINATE
The 2023 Sierra Heavy Duty pickup truck offers up to 16,329 KG (36,000 LB.)† of available max. towing. It’s built strong so you can tow strong. Its large drive shaft and rear axle will give you durability and strength. And its brakes and steering offer excellent control.
ADVANCED ENGINES & TRANSMISSIONS
The 2023 Sierra Heavy Duty truck features advanced engines and transmissions that power a confident driving and trailering experience:
• 6.6L V8 Gas Engine
• Available 6.6L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel V8 Engine with Allison®† 10-Speed Automatic Transmission
AT4 & DENALI’S HEAVY DUTY CAPABILITY
- AT4 & Denali’s independent front suspensions provide excellent wheel alignment, ride comfort and turnability
- Live-axle suspension includes two-stage, semielliptic multileaf rear springs to balance payload management and ride quality
OPTIMAL ENGINE PERFORMANCE
To help maintain optimal operating temperatures of the available 6.6L Duramax® Turbo Diesel V8 engine, a massive 28" variable-speed cooling fan is used. Dense, cool air from the Dual Path Air Induction System is drawn through both the hood scoop and the large grille to maximize horsepower and help optimize trailering performance. The factory-installed Diesel After-Run feature is designed to help cool down the engine following heavy usage.
STOPPING & GOING POWER
To help with positioning, after backing up to a trailer hitch using available Hitch Guidance with Hitch View,† Sierra Heavy Duty will automatically apply the electric parking brake upon shifting into Park to avoid unintentional rolling.
Prevents movement when shifting out of park on a hill and moving a foot from brake to accelerator pedal by automatically applying brakes at each wheel for an extended period of time while trailering.
U.S. MODEL SHOWN.
Eases driver’s steering effort when manoeuvering at low speeds, reduces the steering effort needed to return the heavy-duty truck to centre, and adapts to crowned road surfaces, reducing the need to correct steering over long stretches of uneven road. It includes enhancements to help with driving response, especially when trailering or when carrying a heavy load.
Sierra is the first heavy-duty truck in its class to offer a 2-speed AutoTrac™ transfer case with an active automatic 4WD setting, which provides seamless shifting between two- and four-wheel drive based on road conditions.
U.S. MODEL SHOWN.
- Allows you to quickly switch between multiple traction configurations, including Off-Road mode and Tow/Haul mode, to optimize powertrain calibrations, traction control settings and stability control system calibrations for a variety of terrain and driving conditions
- The system will retain the Tow/Haul setting configurations for up to 4 hours after the vehicle is turned off, eliminating the need to reengage the system when returning from a brief stop on a long journey
X31 OFF ROAD PACKAGE
- Off-road suspension
- Twin-Tube Rancho®† shocks
- Eaton®† automatic locking rear differential
- Underbody skid plates
GOOSENECK/FIFTH WHEEL HITCH PACKAGE
- Hitch platform to accept gooseneck or fifth wheel hitch
- Hitch platform with tray to accept ball and stamped bed holes with removable caps installed
- Bed-mounted 7-pin trailer harness
- Available Bed View Camera†