ABOUT SIDE BLIND ZONE ALERT
Side Blind Zone Alert can provide side-mirror visual alerts when a moving vehicle is detected in a side blind zone. It can help you avoid lane change collisions.
HOW IT WORKS
- An amber warning symbol will light up on the outside mirror on the side where the vehicle is detected.
- If you activate your turn signal in that direction, this warning symbol will flash as an extra warning to not change lanes.
Turning Off Side Blind Zone Alert
You can turn Side Blind Zone Alert off through the Vehicle Personalization menu of your infotainment system.Feature settings stay the same from the previous ignition cycle, so if Side Blind Zone Alert was turned off and you want to use it again, you need to turn it back on.
Things to Remember When Using Side Blind Zone Alert
- Side Blind Zone Alert is a separate feature from Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert. Side Blind Zone Alert does not alert you to fast-approaching vehicles that will soon enter your blind zone. It only alerts you that there already is a moving vehicle in the side blind zone.
- Under bad weather or poor visibility conditions, the system might not function as intended. Side Blind Zone Alert uses sensors in the rear bumper to detect vehicles in your blind spot. Keep the sensor areas clear of obstructions such as dirt or snow for best system performance. Check your vehicle Owner’s Manual for a diagram that shows the location of the feature’s sensors and how to clean them. This can be found in the “Driver Assistance Systems” section of the Owner’s Manual.
- The system may light up a warning indicator due to guardrails, signs, trees, shrubs and other non-moving objects. This is normal operation.
- If your vehicle is towing a trailer or has an object attached to the rear of the vehicle, Side Blind Zone Alert may not function properly.
RELATED LINKS AND RESOURCES
Side Blind Zone Alert does not alert you to fast-approaching vehicles that will soon enter your blind zone. It only alerts you that there already is a moving vehicle in the side blind zone.
No. Side Blind Zone Alert does not operate the brakes or steer the vehicle. It is an alert system only. You always need to be in control of the vehicle while driving.
No. Even with Side Blind Zone Alert, before making a lane change, you still need to check your mirrors, glance over your shoulder and use your turn signals.
Yes. The system is designed to detect most motorcycles.
No. For example, the system is not designed to detect pedestrians, bicyclists or electric scooters.
Yes. You can turn Side Blind Zone Alert off in the Settings menu of your infotainment system.
The system may light up a warning indicator due to guardrails, signs, trees, shrubs and other non-moving objects. This is normal operation.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.